Quick and delicious healthy homemade pesto recipe! Make kids’ favourite meals with pesto. Use in pasta, sandwiches, scrambled eggs.. yum!
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts* (toasted)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup mild flavoured oil (I use avocado)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 T lemon juice
- Put walnuts in a small pan over medium heat and toast until aromatic (about 4 minutes)
- Place all ingredients into blender and pulse until mixed.
- Enjoy on paninis, pasta, rice, in scrambled eggs etc!
*You can substitute chopped almonds or pecans for walnuts